; lowtide HIGHTIDE: things and things...

Friday, August 8, 2014

things and things...

I am headed to Brooklyn this weekend and cannot want to get back to a place that feels like home. Beacon feels like home too, but a new home.  Brooklyn, being there for so long feels like part of me. I can wait to spend the money that I will spend though.  Since moving, I realize how much not only did I spend on rent  but on every day things.  Constantly surrounded by good food, pretty objects and perfectly curated stores - every day was a challenge.  Anyway!  I hope you have a good weekend and give yourself a gift.  X


So I am pretty obsessed with Woman's Hour right now this among other songs I just can't stop listening too!  Also their vids are just perfect.


















One of my goals living in the Hudson valley is to cook more.  That is, I cook all the time but the same things, the same six tricks.  So I have been picking one to two recipes a week and getting my kitchen dirty with goodness! I made this really refreshing peach and tomato salad last night.  So easy, so good!




What a beautiful installation piece artist Anne Patterson created where early 20 miles of colorful ribbons are suspended from the ceiling of San Francisco’s Grace Cathedral.  Sigh...
the world has so much potential for inspiration.







I'll take em, thanks!


















If you are in the mood to be moved and fall in love with words and voice, listen to "A Wild Love for the World", an On Being podcast.  I am not necessarily god centric in any way, but these words are just so beautiful.  Listen and feel human:

Quiet friend who has come so far,
feel how your breathing makes more space around you.
Let this darkness be a bell tower
and you the bell. As you ring,
what batters you becomes your strength.
Move back and forth into the change.
What is it like, such intensity of pain?
If the drink is bitter, turn yourself to wine.
In this uncontainable night,
be the mystery at the crossroads of your senses,
the meaning discovered there.
And if the world has ceased to hear you,
say to the silent earth: I flow.
To the rushing water, speak: I am.

-Rilke



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog on bloglovin

Follow lowtide HIGHTIDE